Essence of the Role
The Account Manager responds to requests for quotes and ensures that all customer requirements are met in the quoting, engineering, manufacturing, and shipping phases of a project.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Able to exercise a great deal of patience in dealing with clients, co-workers, vendors and outside professionals. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of estimating to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Communicate with clients to ensure that all of their needs are understood and addressed.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests in a timely manner.
- Leads all aspects of the estimating process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management.
- Manage changes to the project, including schedule impact and project costs.
- Oversee project performance to ensure there is follow-through from start to finish and that budgetary objectives are met.
- Create and maintain project documentation to include all proposals, sales orders, drawings, correspondence, maintenance manuals and spare parts lists.
- Participate in meetings and sales initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and technical information necessary to provide a complete and accurate bid
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic measurements, angles, and trigonometry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as ERP software
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals
- Willing to travel to jobsites for pre-bid meetings and client interface
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
- Willing to attend additional industry training, as required