The Accounting Clerk is to aid the President for various financial, bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Coding and preparing of entries for posting.
- Processing payments.
- Verifying information and accuracy of records.
- Preparing information for periodic reports.
- Track purchase orders and confirm all materials received.
- Conduct accounts payable and receivable duties within established guidelines.
- Manage deposits.
- Create invoices.
- Make collection calls.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Backup to Director of Administration for payroll and employee benefit plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of basic legal requirements that are applicable to the financial end of business as well as various human relations functions and requirements.
- Background in all facets of bookkeeping, payroll and employee benefits.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone and writing skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and general internet software preferred.
- Must have a good mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Ability to administer a retirement plan, payroll and employee benefits.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak) as the overwhelming majority of clients, suppliers and subordinates communicate primarily in that language.
- Prefer AAS Degree but will accept one (1) year certificate from college or technical school.
- One (1) year of related experience and/or combination of training and experience.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of one (1) year of Accounting Clerk experience.