We are looking for a talented and detail-oriented Mechanical Engineer in the conveyor field to join our creative team. You will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including designing, researching, and prototyping new products. Remote employment a consideration with the right experience.
- Prepare and/or direct preparation of design criteria, drawing and specifications.
- Define tests to be conducted and evaluate test results.
- Recommend and develop design changes.
- Participate in conversion to new methods and/or systems to assure planned implementation.
- Secure approval for subsequent changes or variances from approved plans.
- Assist Project Managers in establishing preliminary pricing for new products.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background and experience in all facets of industrial and manufacturing engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to read and understand scopes of work, design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Ability and background knowledge required to work autonomously or with limited direction from Engineering Manager or Project Managers.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including application of principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of conveyor material handling services.
- Ability to apply principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of conveyor material handling and services.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic measurement, area, angles and trigonometry.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and general internet software.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone and writing skills.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak) as the overwhelming majority of clients, suppliers and subordinates communicate primarily in that language.