Essence of the Role
The Administrative Support Specialist operates the company’s telephone system. S/he takes and relays messages, greets and directs visitors to the company as well as performing typing and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Able to exercise a great deal of patience in dealing with clients, co-workers, vendors and outside professionals. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Answer, screen or forward calls received from automated system as well as provide information to callers.
- Take and relay phone messages.
- Page employees.
- Greet visitors to the company.
- Maintain visitor log.
- Provides information about the company such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization or services provided.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence or other documents.
- Collect, sort, stamp, distribute or prepare mail, messages and deliveries.
- Assist in company functions and celebrations.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions as well as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must have excellent communication skills including telephone and writing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and general internet software.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess good mathematical aptitude as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak) as the overwhelming majority of clients, suppliers and subordinates communicate primarily in that language.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.