This position works with, and supports, Production, Engineering, and Account Management with procurement of materials for manufacturing, shop and office supplies. You will be responsible for finding potential suppliers, negotiating prices and terms, and creating purchase orders and contracts.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Process orders and update management on status of order.
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers through supporting activities including ordering, deliveries, issue resolution, sharing of feedback, returns, etc.
- Negotiate with vendors or service providers to get the best possible pricing and payment terms.
- Manage supplied relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
- Monitor market trends and make suggestions to management on possible price savings or increases.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and other work-related software
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills
- Associate Degree in Business is preferred
- 2+ years related procurement experience, including purchasing, supply management, contract negotiation, supplier relations
- Cost Accounting and budget tracking experience is a plus
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment, beneficial