Essence of the Role
The CNC Programmer 1/Operator draws, programs parts and assemblies for the prototype as well as production. Draws from print to program parts for laser and brake press for sheet metal.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to being taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Able to exercise a great deal of patience in dealing with clients, co-workers, vendors and outside professionals. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance and drawings to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Draws, program parts, and assemblies for sheet metal production.
- Provides design assistance for products and product engineering drawings
- Programs parts for laser machine and press brake production.
- Unfolds customer designed parts to be cut and lasered.
- Nests parts as required on sheets or blanks to maximize material and production efficiency as well as meet production dates.
- Programs and documents revisions, as required.
- Maintains laser and press brake program files on computer and files of set up sheets.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets technical information (i.e.: blueprints, flat pattern, drawings, etc.).
- Responds to common inquiries or complaints from internal/external customers.
- Prepares and operates machines to perform tasks such as laser, press brake, saw, drill, etc.
- Generates shop packets per shipping schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background and experience in all facets of metal shop fabrication.
- Knowledge of sheet metal programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry, and physics.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, CAD and Solidworks as well as general internet software.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a copier, computer equipment and peripherals.Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Completion of a technical or associate degree program a plus
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Sheet Metal Fabricator/Programmer in a related business or completed apprenticeship.
- Basic math skills.