This position is responsible for performing clerical duties and physical tasks in connection with the shipping of company products and the receipt of incoming shipments.
- Inspect all inbound shipments for accuracy and/or damage.
- Process all returns and freight claims with focus on accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping.
- Work closely with buyers on inbound receipts and returns.
- Coordinate logistics with freight forwarders, couriers and other carriers for movement of goods in most cost-effective manner.
- Create shipping documents including Bills of Ladings, Shipping Labels, and other vital documents.
- Provide timely and effective communication to the Account Managers and freight carriers regarding shipments.
- Vet freight carriers and negotiate rates.
- Prepare shipment invoices and submit to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background and experience in customer-focused role within the shipping industry.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong sense of time and urgency.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting.
- Ability to work with MS Office products such as Excel and Word and, ERP software/
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill feficiencies.
- A minimum of six (6) months related experience and/or training in Shipping.