Essence of the Role
The Detail Drafter provides assistance to the Project Engineering Manager for various drafting functions.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
- Relationships – Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts
- Integrity – Utilizes company values and mission. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Able to exercise a great deal of patience in dealing with clients, co-workers, vendors and outside professionals. Professional, confident and dependable.
- Commitment – Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance. Puts plans in place to identify inefficiencies, overcomes/breakdowns barriers and manage improvement initiatives on a daily basis. Dedicated to constantly inquiring into the nature of the current reality.
- Innovation – Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance, inventory control, purchasing, shipping/receiving, manufacturing, engineering, job bidding & drawing in order to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.
- Team – Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.
- Passion – Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.
- Prepare detailed drawings for products or equipment for design layouts including electrical or mechanical components, parts or assemblies illustrating views of all sections.
- Calculate necessary dimensions and determine needed quantities of materials and parts.
- Prepare clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes according to specified dimensions by Computer Aided Design (CAD) system.
- Use CAD equipment to provide support to engineering by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams that include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacturing.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background and experience in all facets of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and blueprints.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Capable of making advanced dimensional calculations.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic measurement, area, angles and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology such as applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of conveyor material handling and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and general internet software.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone and writing skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak) as the overwhelming majority of clients, suppliers and subordinates communicate primarily in that language.
- Drafter Certificate form technical college is preferred.
- One (1) or two (2) years of related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- S/he should be willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Detail Drafter experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. EOE
If interested, please send or fax resume to:
RiteWay Conveyors, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2364 Highway 7
Lester Prairie, MN 55354
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.