Essence of the Role
The Detail Drafter aids the Engineers in various drafting design functions.
- Prepare detailed drawings, bills of material, and manufacturing instructions for products or equipment per customer requirements or layouts.
- Calculate necessary dimensions and determine needed quantities of materials and parts.
- Prepare clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes per specified dimensions by Computer Aided Design (CAD) system.
- Use SolidWorks to create detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams that include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacturing.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background and experience in all facets of mechanical engineering.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Capable of making advanced dimensional calculations.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic measurement, area, angles and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology such as applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of conveyor material handling and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SolidWorks and general internet software.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone and writing skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Fluency in the English language (read, write, and speak) as the overwhelming majority of clients, suppliers and subordinates communicate primarily in that language.
- Drafter Certificate from a technical college is preferred.
- One (1) or two (2) years of related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- S/he should be willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. EOE
If interested, please send or fax resume to:
RiteWay Conveyors, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2364 Highway 7
Lester Prairie, MN 55354
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.