Essence of the Role
The Material Handler performs in-plant operation of forklift while making prompt pickups and deliveries from one production department to another or to and from the warehouse area.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of material handling to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Places stock in designated areas in each department.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Handles a variety of materials and products that may be expensive or hazardous in some cases.
- Checks forklift periodically for proper maintenance.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand materials used in the company to ensure proper items are pulled per material pick tickets.
- Ability to handle barcoding.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other personnel and customers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of six (6) months of related experience.
- Class C Driver’s License and forklift certifications.