Essence of the Role
The Laser Operator sets up and operates a computer-controlled laser machine to perform specified functions.
- Integrity and Passion – Be real, be committed in heart and mind.
- Ownership – If it is to be it is up to us, no one does it alone.
- Service customer above all else, what we do we do well.
- Adapt – Flexibility, we can change.
- Growth Orientated – Continuously improving.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values and mission. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance in order to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Trim excess material from metal components.
- Monitor the machine’s operation and control panel displays and compares readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
- Inspect or measure work using rule, gauges and templates for quality purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in reading blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods and sequences of operation.
- Ability to work on several machines and perform one or more steps in the process.
- Ability to select positions and secure dies, blades, cutters and fixtures onto machine using a rule, square, shims templates, hand tools and built-in gauges.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 100 pounds.Qualifications
- Certificate from technical college or trade school is preferred.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience.