Essence of the Role
The Metal Fabricator sets up and operates a variety of sheet metal working tools and equipment to produce sheet metal pieces to meet product specifications.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Setup and operate metal fabricating machines such as shears, saws and presses to cut, sheets and structural shapes per blueprints and specifications.
- Inspect or measure work using rule, gauges, and templates for quality purposes.
- Complete jobs in a timely fashion according to Company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in reading blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods and sequences of operation. Laser and/or press break experience is required.
- Ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to convert decimals to fractions.
- Ability to use compass/angle finder.
- Ability to work on several machines and perform one or more steps in the process.
- Ability to select positions and secure dies, blades, cutters and fixtures onto machine using a rule, square, shims templates, hand tools and built-in gauges.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to position and clamp stops, guides and turntables.
- Must be able to locate and mark bending or cutting lines and reference points on work pieces using instruments such as a rule and compass or by tracing from templates.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 100 pounds.