Essence of the Role
The Quality Control Specialist ensures that all departments meet, or exceed established guidelines to produce a quality product.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Relationships||Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.|
|Integrity||Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Professional, confident and dependable.|
|Commitment||Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Innovation||Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.|
|Team||Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.|
|Passion||Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.|
- Ensure that all departments meet, or exceed, established guidelines for standards of performance.
- Support the activities of the engineers and managers in day-to-day factory floor activities as well as issues with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure all new equipment is properly functioning prior to shipping.
- Perform quality check on all incoming material that goes into powered equipment.
- Conducting test procedures during manufacturing processes to ensure products comply with quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sharp eye for error.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Provide accurate drawings to ensure correct data.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints as they apply to the company, training and maintenance manuals.
- Must understand scope of work for all positions for each job.
- Prior experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and general internet software.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience.