Essence of the Role
The Shift Supervisor will work with the Production Manager to supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers.
- Organize work and assist employees in daily work performance.
- Work with Production Manager to coordinate shift operations and activities.
- Inspect work in process to maintain quality standards and correct problems prior to QC inspection.
- Coordinate shop packets on the floor to ensure that all QC paperwork is completed correctly.
- Assist in performing production tasks as required.
- Communicate important information and regular updates to management daily.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting safe working habits and maintaining food housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to understand scopes of work for all positions for each job.
- Background and experience in reading, and interpreting, blueprints as they apply to the company, shipping and receiving, quality control, training and maintenance manuals, estimating and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of reading, and understanding of charts, work orders, production schedules and other records to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Ability to tell when something is likely to go wrong and use problem solving skills to correct the problem.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and general internet software.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 75 pounds.
- High school diploma work or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.