Essence of the Role
The person in position of Welder performs wire, stick, gas or heliarc welding on varied operations. S/he may weld on steel, stainless or aluminum using a variety of methods including gas, shielded metal arc, gas-tungsten and gas-metal arc.
- Collaborative – Work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to be taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
- Relationships – Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts
- Integrity – Utilizes company values and mission. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Able to exercise a great deal of patience in dealing with clients, co-workers, vendors and outside professionals. Professional, confident and dependable.
- Commitment – Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance. Puts plans in place to identify inefficiencies, overcomes/breakdowns barriers and manage improvement initiatives on a daily basis. Dedicated to constantly inquiring into the nature of the current reality.
- Innovation – Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance, inventory control, purchasing, shipping/receiving, manufacturing, engineering, job bidding & drawing in order to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.
- Team – Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.
- Passion – Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.
- Works from specifications, drawings and welding symbols.
- Considers the type and gauge of material to be welded on and makes adjustments for proper heat.
- Places metal parts to be welded on fixtures, attaches jigs, clamp, etc. as needed to hold parts in the proper position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good mechanical and structural aptitude.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read CAD prints and shop packets.
- Understanding of welding symbols and terms.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 100 pounds.Qualifications
- Certificate from technical college or trade school is preferred.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.
- A minimum of one (1) year of related experience.