Essence of the Role
The Shop Floor Lead will work with the Production Manager to supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers.
- Collaborative – work together to achieve success. Respect other team members. No “not my job” attitude. No finger pointing. Set up team members to succeed. Never use the term “they” when speaking internally – it’s “us”.
- Sharing – Share individual experiences and knowledge to help others. Strive to continually improve processes to be part of the solution. Teach and be open to being taught.
- Flexibility – Work anywhere capable. Grow skills and knowledge. Have ability to adapt. Monitor situations and adjust accordingly. Don’t give up. Be quick to “yes”. Take initiative. Offer to help. Flex hours to meet demands.
- Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do. Do not start or spread rumors, gossip, or innuendo. Follow through. Take responsibility for mistakes.
|Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Fosters partnerships with internal and external customers. Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreements and conflicts.
|Utilizes company values. Makes most people feel comfortable in his or her presence. Professional, confident and dependable.
|Ensures that the department meets, or exceeds, established guidelines for standards of performance.
|Self-starting individual who can concentrate on detail. Able to focus his or her efforts, and the efforts of others, on the initiation and implementation of quality assurance to establish and maintain guidelines for standards of performance.
|Attains company goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation between all individuals.
|Expresses genuine excitement and commitment to other employees regarding the company’s mission and the work group’s efforts. Openly values others and exhibits a genuine sense of community and togetherness.
- Monitoring production activities to ensure we have the materials and inventory available.
- Inspecting machinery and ensuring that it is working properly.
- Coordinate shop packets on the floor to ensure that all QC paperwork is completed correctly.
- Make sure that housekeeping is performed daily.
- Support all areas as related to production.
- Oversee inventory management, including monitoring scrap, heat numbers, etc.
- Assist in performing production task as required.
- Responsible for all shop floor operations in the absence of the Production Manager.
- Promote safety and ensure safe work habits are being followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand scopes of work for all positions for each job.
- Background and experience in reading, and interpreting, blueprints as they apply to the company, shipping and receiving, quality control, training and maintenance manuals, estimating and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of reading, and understanding, of charts, work orders, production schedules and other records to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Ability to tell when something is likely to go wrong and use problem solving skills to correct the problem.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, computer equipment and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and general internet software.
- Ability to lift and/or exert force up to 75 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her education and/or sharpen any skill deficiencies.